Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Scrambled Egg Waffle

Every Wednesday I’ll be posting a new recipe that uses the waffle iron.  You know, that weird kitchen appliance gathering dust on the top shelf of that forgotten cabinet?  It’s so easy to use and a lot less heat in the kitchen than an oven or a standing at the stove.
I love to make eggs for the kids in the morning but I get tired of making the same thing every few days. (Check out my post, Mini Cheese Omelets)  This is just as easy as the omelets but adds a bit more fun to Kidster’s breakfast.
I originally came across this recipe on Weelicious Waffle Iron Eggs.  My waffle iron is a bit larger so I doubled the recipe.
  • 2 Eggs whisked together
  • 1 tsp milk
  • 1 T shredded cheese
  • Salt and your choice of seasoning (I love herbes de province in eggs)
  • *I also added finely shredded spinach so the kids didn't know they were eating veggies.
Such simple ingredients!

IMG_2680Turn on and preheat your waffle iron.  High temperature works best. Once preheated pour mixture onto waffle iron.
IMG_2681Cook for about 4 minutes.  Eggs are super fluffy and delicious!

What is YOUR favorite waffle iron recipe?
~Lisa0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!