Friday, February 21, 2014

Vegetarian Chili with Sweet Potato!

I had a playdate recently and one of the mom's is a vegetarian.  It was pretty chilly outside so I thought Chili would be perfect!  I found this recipe online: Vegetarian Chili with Sweet Potato

It was a complete HIT!  Even the toddlers had seconds!  So I totally forgot to take pictures while I was making it!  Or maybe I did take pictures and then they got lost.  I do that from time to time.  It's what happens when you use all the space on your phone for pictures of the kid!

I followed the recipe to the letter and it came out PERFECT.  I didn't think I was going to be a fan of sweet potato in my chili but it called for cinnamon and cocoa and I can respect a chili with those two ingredients. Next time I might add some sirloin cubed and a bit of espresso and a stout beer to really fill out the flavor to my tastes.  But it really was just the thing for a cold day.  Very healthy to boot!
Slow-Cooker Vegetarian Chili With Sweet Potatoes
I totally stole this from the website but hey, it looked just like it!

What's your favorite cold weather food?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!