Thursday, February 27, 2014

Baby Valentine Craft

Not such a great paint...
As a gift to Little Man's mother I decided to make a "Card" for his mom.  I made my own 'finger paints' with corn starch, hot water and food coloring.  It didn't turn out the way I thought it would and I'll probably never make it again unless it's just for the kids to play with and not for a gift. The recipe can be found here: Non Toxic Finger paint .  The great part about the recipe is that if the kids eat it nothing bad will happen.  It probably doesn't taste very good though!  The end result was that when it dried it became very brittle and didn't stay on the paper.

Here is where I got the idea for the 'card' Card for Mom.

It was pretty difficult to get the feet right.  I put a bit of the paint on a small paper plate while he was in the high chair.  It dripped everywhere and made a mess but it was easy to clean up.  It took a few tries but I finally got his 'feet stamps' right.  Then I just taped them to a piece of paper and cut out a heart shape.

"From the Top of my Head..."
I think it turned out ok.  I let his mom know that the paint is 'cumbly' and to hang it if she wants too but it may not be around for ever.

All in all, it was a cute project but I don't think I'll make that paint again.  Now I have a container of corn starch I have no idea what to do with.  I'm sure I'll find something!

What is your favorite Valentine craft?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!