Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Blackberry Scone Style Cookies

In preparation for going to visit a friend for a play group I wanted to make a cookie that had black berries in them.  I had a box of blackberries that were about to be tossed out.  I was in bed looking up recipes before it was time for me to wake up and start the day.  I came across this: Lemon Blackberry Cookies.  The blog post itself is really quite cute and fun to read.  I'll have to add her to my list of favorite blogs.  Cause that's what I do.

So I got up earlier than usual to get the cookies baked before Little Man was dropped off at 8am.  You know you have to get up 'preeety early in da mornin'' to get stuff done with small children.

Tada!
The lemon from a bottle of lemon juice is just NOT the same as the real thing.  Not sure why that is but it's true.  These came out more scone-y than I would have liked but I do like scones so when I told my tongue 'this is a scone' the tongue responded and said, 'pretty good scone!"  The seeds are little annoying but the chunks of sweet and tart blackberry were lovely.  

Not going to lie  I'll probably never make these again BUT I will keep the recipe and use it to make cute little scone type nibbles for another day.  I think these are more fit for rolling and then baking instead of scooping. 

Do you like scones? What are your favorite kind?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!