Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Pumpkin Lasagna

I know what you're thinking.  Pumpkin - Yum!  Lasagna - Yum!  Pumpkin Lasagna - Eeew!  But you MUST give this a chance.  Hubster who hates weird mixes of foods or weird 'meat replacement' ideas even really liked this one.

I have a mom friend who is a vegetarian and I aim to please when I invite the ladies over for lunch.  I searched for a veggie friendly recipe and since it was pumpkin season (this was made around December) I decided to search for pumpkin foods.

I came across a few "Pumpkin Lasagna" recipes and they all seemed really really complicated.  So I just kind of made it up as I went along.  I searched for a 'simple lasagna' recipe and then replaced the meat layer with some pumpkin mixed with egg and cheese. Of course there was lots of ricotta and zucchini and yellow squash. I can't seem to find the recipe right this second though...

Here is a photo of the yummy baked deliciousness though!



What is YOUR favorite type of lasagna?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!