Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Nutella Stuffed French Toast

My friend McMommy recommended that I try ‘Nutella Stuffed French Toast’ after last weeks “Cheese waffles”.  I couldn’t help myself!  So easy, so good and not terribly bad for a breakfast ‘treat’.

All you will need:

  • 4 slices of bread, crusts cut off  (one egg is enough for two ‘sandwiches’)
  • 1 egg
  • splash of vanilla
  • Nutella or generic hazelnut spread
  • Jam or preserves
  • Trusty waffle iron

IMG_3217IMG_3219

Just to clarify, raspberry jam on one side of one slice, Nutella
on one side of the other slice. Kind of like you’re making a sandwich.

IMG_3218

 

IMG_3220

Lay the slices of bread on the egg on the UNspread side. 
Wiggle around until it’s well coated.

IMG_3221

Cook for about 4 minutes, or until the ‘steam’ stops rising.

IMG_3223IMG_3225

These were so easy and so very tasty. The kidster went from whining to silence in 10 seconds flat!  Thanks again to McMommy who recommended that I try them, they have become a staple for our weekend family breakfast! Now I just need to find bigger bread!

Keep an eye out next week when I show what to do with that bit of leftover muffin batter!

What is YOUR favorite use for Nutella?

~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!