Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Blueberry “Muffles”

I recently attempted to make a healthy version of blueberry muffins.  Blueberries are in season and on sale at our local market so I had quite a few.  Kidster isn’t a fan of blueberries by themselves so I figured I could bake them into muffins and she would eat them.  I used this Blueberry Muffin recipe with a few changes.  The muffins were not that great.  They didn’t go to waste but they weren’t super yummy.  My best friend Hetr ate a few when she came to visit but I’m sure it’s because she was just hungry!

Here is what you will need:

  • 2 cups sifted, all-purpose flour (I used a cup of flour and a cup of milled oats, I sifted the oats but put the big pieces in anyway, mistake.)
  • 4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup sugar (I used honey instead, the muffins browned really fast!)
  • 1/4 cup soft butter or margarine (I used Trader Joe’s coconut oil, the muffins had a distinct coconut flavor…not sooo bad but not great)
  • 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries

I made the muffins as directed and had a bit of batter leftover.

20140730_223144463_iOS

 

 

Leftover batter.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

20140730_223408832_iOS

 

 

I used my tablespoon cookie scoop to make four little muffles.

 

 

 

20140730_224426893_iOS

 

 

Pretty, good for you and delicious!

 

 

 

20140730_223705761_iOSKidster loved them and even asked for more!

So the next time you’re making muffins and have a bit leftover, toss it into the waffle iron and you’ll have muffles!

What’s YOUR favorite fruit muffin?

~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!